Wednesday 4 May 2011

A lEtTeR fRoM mOm N dAd...


Thy Lord hath decreed, that ye worship none save Him, and (that ye show) kindness to parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age with thee, say not "Fie" unto them nor repulse them, but speak unto them a gracious word (Surah Al-Isra' : 23)


My child...
When i am old..
I hope you understand..
And have patience with me..

In case i break a plate..
Or spill soup on the table..
Because i am loosing my eyesight..
I hope you do not yell at me..

Older people are sensitive..
Always have self-pity when you yell..

When my hearing get worse..
And i cannot hear what you are saying..
I hope you do not call me "Deaf!"..
Please repeat what you said..
Or write it down...

I am sorry..my child..
I am getting older..

When my knees are getting weaker..
I hope you have the patience to help me get up..
Like how i used to help you while you were little..
Learning how to walk..

Please..bear with me..
When i keep repeating myself like a broken record..
I hope you just keep listening to me..
Please do not make fun of me..
Or get sick listening to me..

Do you remember when you were little you wanted a balloon?
You repeated yourself over and over until you got what you wanted..

Please also pardon my smell..
I smell like an old person..
Please do not force me to shower...
My body is weak..
Old people get sick easily when they are cold,
I hope i do not gross you out..

Do you remember when you were little?
I used to chase you around because you did not want to shower..
I hope you can be patient with me..
When i am always cranky..
It is part of getting old..
You will understand when you are older..

And if you have spare time..
I hope we can talk..
Even for a few minutes..
I am always all by my self all the time..
And have no one to talk to..
I know you are busy with work..
Even if you are not interested in my stories..
Please have time for me..

Do you remember when you were little?
I used to listen to your stories..
about your teddy bears and your toys..

When the time comes..
And i get ill and bedridden..
I hope you have patience to take care of me..
I am sorry..
If i accidentally wet the bed or make the mess..

I hope you have the patience to take care of me during the last few moments of my life....
I am not going to last much longer, anyway..
When the time death comes..
I hope you hold my hand..
And give me strength to face death..
And do not worry..

I will pray to our Creator to bless you..
Because you love your mom and dad..
Thanks a lot for your care..
We love you..

with love,
Mom and Dad..

edited from a video on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment